Your contacts in Livespace are companies or persons that have been added by you or your sales team. Each contact has its own profile containing strictly associated data. For example, the company profile includes information about sales processes you have with this specific business partner.
The division of contacts by type
Livespace contacts are divided into Companies and People. They are placed on separate lists.
List of Companies will contain all your added contractors as well as your potential business partners. These companies may, but need not, to be linked to the persons on the list of People that you’ve added.
The list of people includes people in various positions: traders, managers and executives of the companies added to the Companies list. They may also be independent, or not linked to any company in your Livespace.
Showing contacts – companies
To view the companies you have added to Livespace:
- Go to the Contacts tab, then select Companies.
- You can use options such as Filter and Sort or change the type of view to show the companies that match your search criteria.
- You can also modify the list by using the List operations – thanks to that you can mass-change, for example, the owner of the selected contacts or tag multiple profiles at once.
- Export option allows you to save contacts to XLS or CSV type file.
- If you want to move to the company profile, just press on its name.
Profile of the contact – company
Company profile provides all information about your contractor or prospective business partner, including contact details, contact owner, groups to which the company is assigned, and tags by which it has been marked.
Other information option allows you to view further details, including information on the segment to which the company has been automatically assigned.
Profile options also allow you to add a note about a business partner.
You can also create tasks related to a given contractor.
One of the most important fields is Deals with this company field. This is where you find your sales processes related to this particular business partner.
Showing contacts – persons
- Go to the Contacts tab and press People.
- You will see a list of people you’ve added to the contacts in Livespace.
Operations on the list of people are done in the same way as in the list of companies. Go to the: Showing contacts – companies
Profile of the contact – person
Profiles of people in Livespace resemble company profiles and allow you to create links, add notes, observe, tag and add deals in the same way.
Operations on a person’s profile are the same as in the case of the company’s profile. You can read about them in the Profile of the contact – company paragraph.
- Every Livespace contact has its owner. By default, this is usually the person who adds it. You can change the ownership of a contact while adding it by opening the adding form. A contact owner can be also changed at any time after it’s been added. For more on this topic see the section How to change the contact owner.
- Besides basic information, you can also collect further data about your customers by adding your own form fields. If you want to add a new field to the form, you can find the appropriate link at the bottom of the form – Add a new field to the form. But remember that you do not add the field to a specific person, but to the form of a given type – so if you add a new field to the Company form, it will be always shown when you add a new company. New fields can be edited or deleted in the Settings > Forms section. You can learn more in the Forms Management paragraph.
- When getting started with Livespace you can import a larger batch of contacts from an external file or another tool. Remember to customize form fields to the data that you want to import just before import – right now you may have more information about your customers than are predicted by the default fields in Livespace. For more about importing go to the Importing Data section.