Livespace CRM allows you to create more than one sales process. It is very useful in situations when you have many different sales strategies (some focused on products, the other on the client). Sales processes might look different depending on whether the client is a VIP or just a regular customer.
Using multiple sales processes in Livespace CRM
Multiple sales processes is a great tool which can depict real activities within the company. Before preparing such processes it is good to determine the key objectives behind the decision of choosing a proper process:
a) Based on client
Clients from a certain segment (for example VIP clients) can be dealt with according to a specifically designed process requiring more effort when carried out. It will be worth it and justified given we have the clients marked in segmentation as the most important ones. Find out more about clients segmentation here.
b) Based on product
If you’re selling different products/services you can create a sales process based on that. Depending on the product, you’d have different steps in your sales process. Find our more about turning on and editing products here.
c) Based on the value of the deal
You can decide that different sales processes vary depending on the value of the deal. In that case, use a Default process until you’ll know the value of the deal. And when you get to know it, you can switch the process to the right one for this value. Remember to add a step in your default process about Determining the value of the deal as early on as possible.
d) Based on the dealer
Your coworkers can have their own sales processes, tailored especially to them. It is a very convenient if your team varies in expertise and different people always take care of particular steps in the process.
How to create a new sales process
When you start working with Livespace, you only have one process available, the Default one. You can add your own process. Here’s how:
- Go to Account Settings:
- Choose Deals from the left side menu:
- You’ll see a list of available processes.
- Add new process by pressing on Add process.
- A new process doesn’t have defined steps and activities yet – you can set them up according to your needs. It can be similar to your Default process as well as totally different. When the Sales process configuration starts, determine the name, length and automatic status change first.
- Next, set up stages and activities’ names.
- When you add a new process you’ll find it on the list next to the Default process.
How many processes can I have?
You can have as many processes as you need. When you add a new deal, you’ll be able to choose which sales process you want to use with it. You can change this process later on as well.
When you add a new deal and won’t change the process, it will automatically be assigned to the Default process.
How to name a sales process?
To make your work easier, you can name your sales processes according to the situations you’ll use them in.
For example, you can differentiate between an actively acquired client and the one that asked for an offer. These processes will be different, with the first one you’ll start with making contact with a client and establishing whether they need your service. With the second one, you’ll already know what does the client need and when he needs it for.
Possible names for the above processes could be:
- Active sale
- Proposal request
Set the process used the most as Default.
How to choose a process when creating a deal
If more than one sales process was defined, you can decide which to choose when creating a new deal. This field is not visible if only one process is defined.
How to change a process when a deal already exists
In order to change a process in an already existing deal:
- Edit the deal by clicking on Edit button on the deal’s profile.
- Next, we can change an existing process by choosing another one from Sales process field.
- After changing the process, on the right side of your deal’s profile, you’ll see your new process. If it was chosen by mistake, you can repeat previous steps and change it again. Marked steps will be saved, so you won’t need to fill it out again. Right after the change, the process will be empty, it is because these are different processes and previously marked steps will not be transferred. Remember to mark the substages which were done according to the chosen process.
Statistics in multiple sales processes
If you use multiple sales processes you can easily monitor each one of them. In Open deals statistics, you’ll see charts regarding each process. A summary of values and number of all open deals, regardless of the process and its type can be found in Open Deals tab. It works similarly with Closed deals.
How to filter deals based on sales process
When you add new processes, you can easily navigate through them on the Deals list. In order to do that choose which process you want to see and click on it.
Good to know:
- The choice of the sales process does not happen automatically. The Default process will always appear as first when adding a new deal (unless you change it in Settings).
Learn more about managing deals’ stages and steps in Livespace CRM