A sales process in Livespace CRM is divided into two parts: deals’ stages and steps.
Stages allows you to see how your deal’s process is going (see the statistics).
Steps informs you about the actions you should take within each stage when dealing with this particular case.
Deals’ steps in Livespace CRM
In Livespace, there are four main deal’s steps:
- Collect information – when you identify decision makers – people or person with whom you’ll be discussing this deal and their contact details
- Contact – when you’ve identified a valuable reason for contact with a potential business partner and then making contact with them
- Identify needs – when you meet the decision maker, identify customer’s demands, establish offer evaluation criteria and set a budget for the deal
- Tendering – when you send your offer, present and discuss it, e
Each step has a defined value, which determines it’s influence on the whole sales’ process. Simply speaking, you can decide on the practical value of each step when the sale’s process is happening.
Managing deals’ stages
In Livespace, you can easily recreate the process in which your company is going through the deals’ stages. In order to do that:
- Go to Account settings
- Choose Deals from the menu on the left
3. You’ll see Processes tab
Choose to edit it, in the Actions column:
There, you’ll see the Sales process configuration form:
- This form will allow you to name your stage:
- You can also change values of particular steps and change their names:
- If you want, you can add more stages:
- Or add more steps (actions):
- Each step has adjustable additional settings, you can see them when you click on the gear:
- Each action in the deal’s process can be freely adjusted. There are several options available:
- a) Obligatory – means that this step is necessary to win the deal
- Remember, if you mark any of the steps obligatory, your employee won’t be able to close the deal without checking this box first. When they try to win the deal, they’ll see a corresponding notification:
- b) Can be completed by – allows you to decide who is responsible for it and can complete it (everyone, managers, administrators, selected people)
- c) Note required – performing the step won’t be possible without adding a note or a file d) Notify – allows you to set up a notification to people you choose after the step is marked as done (it can be to administrators, managers, attendees, selected people). e) Add an action – allows you to add a task after unchecking the action in the process
- Adding a task is optional, after unchecking the step in the process, a form Add a task will be opened. The task will be automatically linked to the deal, which the user is editing. After saving, the task will be added to the Task list.
- 7. When you’re done with setting up the values and steps, simply click Save and exit:
Good to know:
- The steps allow you to answer a very important question: ‘what should I do to win this deal?‘
- In Livespace you can have more than one deal process and use them at the same time. For more information about this go to: Multiple sales processes