In order to import contacts from Outlook 2007 to Livespace CRM, an export of the contact list from Outlook needs to be done. Then, an exported .csv file needs to be imported into Livespace.
Before exporting your contacts from Outlook, make sure you have contacts there that you want to transfer to Livespace.
Click on Contacts tab and check whether your contacts are there. You should see your contact list, which you want to export.
On the folder’s list, you’ll find Suggested contacts folder as well – it is created based on your correspondence. Unfortunately, on this list, there are mostly just email addresses with no names of the contacts which for Livespace is not enough information.
In order to export contacts from Outlook 2007, according to the instruction posted here, follow the next steps:
- From the Outlook main menu, select File > Import and Export. The Outlook “Import and Export” Wizard displays.
- Select Export to a file and then click Next.
- Select Comma Separated Values (Windows) and then click Next.
- Choose to export from the Contacts folder and then click Next.
- Type a file name (ex: “contacts”) under “Save exported file as” and click Browse to locate the directory where you want to save the exported file. Click OK to close the “Browse” dialogue box.
- Click Next.
- Click Map Custom Fields…
- Use the columns to map values from your Outlook information to the file you are exporting.
- Click OK.
- Click Finish. The new .csv file should now be in the location that you specified.
Awesome – now that you have your file ready you can import it into Livespace. It’s worth opening it in Excel first to check whether everything’s in order.
Now, all you have to do is import the file. To do that:
- Go to the Account settings.
- Select Import from the left-hand menu.
- Press the Import new file button located on the right side of the window.
4. In the window that opens, you can either drag and drop a .csv, .ods or .xls (.xlsx) file with data or you can simply click the Add a file button. 5. If you decide to go with the latter method, choose your file in the browser window and then press Open.
6. After the file has been uploaded, you will see the first rows of data from it. 7. Match the rows from the file with the Livespace fields (the fields can belong either to the profiles of people or companies). 8. Press on the Import contacts button to import the contacts from the file. 9. After the file has been successfully imported, a confirmation message will show. Click on the Continue button. 10. From now on, the newly imported contacts will be visible on your contact list.