People and companies in Livespace can be grouped according to your own criteria. This makes it easier to manage contacts and allows you to use quick methods of organizing them, coherent for all Livespace users.
Creating and managing the groups of contacts
- To add a new group go to the Contacts tab.
- On the left you’ll see the Groups section. Click the settings icon, turning on Group settings.
- Enter a name for the new group and confirm the operation by Add button.
Here you can also delete groups, as well as rename existing ones. By default, it can be done by every Livespace user, but you can disable this option for users without manager permission in the Permissions section.
Adding contact to the group on the contact profile
A Contact – person or a company – can be added to the group in a number of ways. The first is assigning from the contact profile. Go to a specific contact and use the +Group button and select the group to which you want to add it.
Adding contacts to the group using form
You can also select the corresponding groups at the stage of adding or editing the contact. To do this, click the Groups field and then select the groups to which it belongs.
Adding contacts to the group using list operation
Another method of assigning contacts to groups are list operations. This is often a more convenient way – especially if you are looking for a possibility to quickly assign more contacts to a group. To do this:
- Open the Contacts tab and then run List operations.
- Mark all the contacts you want to assign to a specific group.
- Choose Add to group option, select the appropriate group and confirm the operation using Apply button.
- Once approved, the contacts will be assigned to the selected group or groups.
Viewing the content of the group
To see which contacts belong to a particular group, go to your contact list and then in the Groups section of the left select the interesting group.
Examples of use of grouping contacts
Group of contacts in Livespace are very useful for organizing and viewing data. But it is important to properly define the criteria according to which you are going to group people and companies. Here are some examples of the grouping usage:
- Top 100 group – one hundred ideal clients with whom you want to start cooperation.
- VIP group – especially important clients that you treat differently than the others.
- First contact group – contacts selected to establish the first contact, after which they are transferred to another group.
You can group your contacts in terms of any subjectively evaluated characteristics – for example, the ease of carrying out business negotiations or the level of your relationship. Remember that the groups are shared by all Livespace users, so accepted principles should be known to every member of the team.
- You can assign contact to more than one group.
- For many searching criteria and filtering contacts, such as state or region, you do not need to create separate groups – just use the appropriate filters to restrict the display of the results. It may also be useful to save filters, so they can be used later.
- Hot to use tags?
- Filtering results by the defined criteria
- How to find the relevant data?
- How to collect additional data?